ASOS Magazine August 2010: Olivia Palermo


Inside her stylish world and wardrobe, Photographer: Tesh
ASOS Magazine will go live on www.asos.com on August 1st
The new queen of street style. No one does the New York look quite like Olivia Palermo. But while on The City there’s a dark side to her fashion dealings, Francesca Babb discovers you shouldn’t believe everything you see on television… (shot in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NYC)
OLIVIA PALERMO TALKS LOVE, LIFE & THE SECRET TO TRUE STYLE IN THE AUGUST ISSUE OF ASOS MAGAZINE 

Olivia Palermo, the beaming icon of New York street chic showcases her signature style in the August issue of ASOS magazine. Commonly portrayed as the quintessential Upper East Side social on hit MTV show the City, Palermo dispels all illusions of her Gossip Girl image by displaying her professionalism and infectious charm. The 10-page fashion feature was shot by acclaimed fashion photographer Tesh in Brooklyn, New York. This shoot shows a new dimension to the typically well coiffed fashionista, in edgy, cool day wear.

 “It’s unfortunate (of the reputation that the TV show has given her), but I think that people understand what they see on that show is not who I am. It’s not accurate. I’m funny, I’m enthusiastic and I’m not a negative person. I always try and look for the good in things.”

“I love New York but when you’re young you should live in different places. In five years I’d like to be living in London with my boyfriend Johannes (Huebl).”

“I just really, really love clothes,” Palermo enthuses as she talks of the importance of reinventing her closet for different occasions. “I’m my own brand, and I have my own opinion” she unapologetically declares when asked about her determination to succeed in the fashion industry. Olivia also gives a rare insight into her relationship with model Johannes Huebl revealing that their lifestyle is surprisingly understated. As far as what the future holds for the style queen, she claims modelling, acting, designing, and a possible move to London are all on her to-do list. 

Comments

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more



Reader's Favourites