W July 2010: Eva Mendes by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

On performing in the nude: “I’ve never had a problem with nudity, but I don’t put it out there without a reason. I’m not an exhibitionist. But, honestly, for my art I’ll do anything almost. I’ll go there.”

On whether nudity makes her feel objectified: “I know I walk a fine line between being a respected actor and being what they call a sex symbol. It’s a hard one to walk if you want to be known as a real, credible actor. But I’ve never felt objectified. Nothing you see me do is an accident. . . . I’m incredibly calculated when it comes to my career.”

On her latest comedy, The Other Guy: “It’s very hard for me to be seen as funny. And the truth is, that’s where I’m most comfortable.”

On her own dual passions: “I’m a modern woman in the sense of I take care of myself, I’m fiercely independent, and I’m really ambitious. Yet I have these old-school thoughts in my mind. I do like to belong to a man. I love having a man in my life, and being his woman at the end of the day. I know it’s a dichotomy.”

On her ethnicity: “I don’t consider myself a Latin American actress. I was born and raised here, and I have Cuban parents, but for me, I am the new American girl. It’s not only Drew Barrymore and the blond Mid-western girl. This, [pointing to her face] is also what we look like now.”

Source | Redcarpet-Fashionawards & Wmagazine

Comments

Post a Comment

Have Your Say
Comments are moderated first.

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more



Reader's Favourites