Teen Vogue November 2009 : Jourdan Dunn & Chanel Iman

imagebamimagebamimagebamimagebamimagebam

JOURDAN, ON CHANEL:
"It's competition. There aren't a lot of us, but instead of sticking together, we're pitted against each other. People will say things in Chanel's ear like, 'Jourdan is taking your spot,' and then they'll say to me, 'Don't trust Chanel.'"

Chanel, on Jourdan:
"I could sit here and tell you, 'I love Jourdan! We've always been the best of friends! But we haven't. Until recently, we barely even spoke. We went from being superclose in the beginning to dead silence if we saw each other backstage at a show. If we did say hi, it was hi, and that's it."

Jourdan, on her unplanned pregnancy:
"It was really hard. "All I could think about was what my mom was going to say, my agency, my boyfriend. When I told my mom, she started crying and blaming herself. She got pregnant with me at the same age, and she said, 'I don't want you to have to go through what I did.'"

CHANEL, ON MOTHERHOOD:
"No babies for me until I'm in my 30s! I'm focused on my career right now. I can't even take care of my dog."

Chanel, on the future:
"I don't want to be known as the black model. I want to be recognized as Chanel Iman, a personality. Five years from now I see myself still working hard to get where I want to be, because I think big. I think the best. Maybe I think too large."

Comments

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more



Reader's Favourites