Freida Pinto: Bombay Sapphire


I am one of the last few people who had not watched the highly acclaimed “Slumdog Millionaire.” I sacrificed my postings this morning to watch it. While I am sure you guys missed me, it was worth it. This is one of the best films ever made. I’d love to compare it to any other film to give you guys who have not seen it an idea of what to expect, but there is no other like it.

Two of the best things to come out of this film are Freida Pinto and Dev Patel. They are destined for great things.

Freida was featured in the latest issue of Arena Magazine. You will be surprised to learn that this was her first ever acting job.

“I was so lucky. As it’s an all-Indian cast, Danny Boyle wanted people who had no acting experience or training. He wanted to see anyone and everyone. So I auditioned for one scene where Latika meets Dev’s character, Jamal, again for the first time in years and makes him go away-what a bitch-and I just thought, well, I’ve given it my best shot. For 6 months I continued to audition. So rigorous. It was like going to acting school, and I was never sure what was happening. And then I got the call that said, “You are Latika, so get ready!” “The best moment ever.”

Freida was already a fan of director Danny Boyle. It’s amazing that she was able to work alongside one of her heroes.

“I used to adore Danny Boyle films, truly. I did a film course at St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai. We studied Trainspotting-yes, I did understand the accents, thank you! I loved The Beach, and also watched Sunshine and Millions. He can do anything: a horror flick, a children’s film, a Sci-Fi flick, anything.”

“Honestly, if Slumdog Millionaire was to be described in Danny Boyle terms, it would be a bit of Trainspotting, the romance from A life less Ordinary and the tension of 28 days later, all bundled together into this beautifully written, dynamic movie.”

For the full interview check out the February 2009 edition of Arena Magazine.

Comments

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more



Reader's Favourites